Every small business needs to keep security top of mind to protect your business. A managed document system can not only increase the efficiency of your processes – it can also improve productivity and protect sensitive data. A three-part security process helps to keep your data secure and can maintain the necessary compliance for your industry. Here’s how:
Part 1: Print Output Management
Create protocols to manage output.
- •User Authentication – Use PIN codes, swipe cards or other identifier to set permissions at the printer to limit access to critical data.
- •Encrypt Data – Documents should be encrypted as they travel through your network to your printer and beyond.
- •Auditing and Archiving – Administrative software tracks users and saves a copy of any documents to specified network folders for security and auditing.
Part 2: Digital File Management
Digitized documents are more secure, easily replaced, and restored in the event of a cyberattack, natural disaster or data breach. Digitization can:
- •Allow Automated Workflows – Automatically notify recipients of tasks required to move documents through the workflow.
- •Create Secured Access – Only authorized users can access documents they need to complete a task. This prevents unauthorized access to sensitive data.
- •Audit Tracking – Documents can be tracked from creation through completion including all edits, versions access, and dates and times.
- •Disaster Recovery – Cloud-based systems free you from storing documents onsite and redundancy protects data from cyberattack or natural disaster, making recovery easier and lessening downtime.
Part 3: Scanning Solutions
Scanned documents can replace paper, making security easier and preventing data from falling into the wrong hands.
- •Rules Based Scanning – Scanned documents are routed securely to specific recipients, departments or locations.
- •Protect Data In Transit – Scanned data can be encrypted at the device before being moved through the network.
A document management systems can improve workflows, increase productivity, enhance security and make collaboration easier. A Managed Print Services provider can help you to determine your needs and implement a system to meet them.
Want to learn more? Download our free ebook “Prevent Hardcopy Security Risks” to learn more about hardcopy document security risks and how to protect your business.
Subscribe to our Blog
The Bottom Line of Document ManagementMarch 12, 2018
Look For These Security Features in Your Next PrinterFebruary 27, 2018
How Managed Document Systems Can Improve Data SecurityFebruary 16, 2018
Documents Out of Control? Here’s What You Can Do About It.January 30, 2018
5 Ways a Print Policy Can Help Control Your Costs in 2018January 24, 2018